If you’ve found yourself saying, “Your smile could be brighter,” or “I hope it’s possible to get crooked, chipped, discoloured, or misshapen teeth to look good” then you’re probably interested in learning more about cosmetic dentistry in Airdrie. Thanks to advances in dentistry, modern dental clinics can provide solutions for all these dental problems and, in most cases, make the process fast and affordable.
If you’re thinking that your smile needs a makeover, simply come and visit us at Bayside Dental & Orthodontics. From subtle modifications to major repairs, we are privileged to have state-of-the-art equipment that can effectively transform the appearance of your smile and overall oral health.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Differs from Other Dental Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry isn’t an actual specialization; rather, it refers to any type of dental treatment that is done electively to enhance the appearance of your teeth, bite, gums, and smile. A bright and beautiful smile can boost your self-confidence, especially if you have been concerned about the state of your teeth or gums for a while.
At Bayside Dental & Orthodontics, we offer a variety of dentistry services in Airdrie to help our patients look and feel their best. The most popular cosmetic procedures at our clinic include:
- A beautiful, white smile is often associated with youth and good health. However, as we age, a combination of natural and lifestyle factors cause our teeth to lose their radiant shine that reflects this vitality. Thanks to modern cosmetic dentistry, there are many teeth whitening treatments available, including in-office bleaching and at-home
- that can reverse the negative effects of consuming coffee, tea, soft drinks, and more.
- When you have chipped, broken, or discoloured teeth, we can apply tooth-coloured plastic putty, referred to as composite resin, to the surface of the damaged tooth. Bonding is often used to fill gaps between teeth, whiten them, and correct minor cases of decay. The composite resin material used is stain resistant and extremely strong and durable, so it should last for several years with proper care.
- Crowns, also known as caps, are placed over damaged teeth to create a more normal appearance. They can be used to restore misshapen, fractured, or discoloured teeth. In some cases, crowns address issues of substantial structural loss. Compared to other cosmetic dental procedures, crowns have a superior life expectancy. However, they are also more costly and time-consuming, often requiring two or more office visits.
- Veneers refer to thin plastic or porcelain shells placed over your tooth enamel to change the colour or shape of the tooth. Veneers are often used to improve uneven surfaces or correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, discoloured, or oddly shaped teeth. Although they’re time consuming, veneers offer superior colour stability compared to crowns and last longer than tooth-coloured fillings.
Schedule a Consultation for Cosmetic Dentistry in Airdrie
There are many more procedures in dental cosmetics, including cosmetic dental surgery. The best procedures for your case will depend on the condition of your teeth, your overall health, and your desired results.
Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. If you need to change the colour, spacing, or shape of your teeth so you can feel confident in your smile, please book a consultation for cosmetic dental treatment with Bayside Dental & Orthodontics. Our dentists can help transform the appearance of your smile so you will be proud to show off your teeth once more.