We want our patients to be proud of their smiles!
Indeed, smile makeovers are becoming more popular across North America. The transformations are incredible, and now patients in Airdrie Alberta and the surrounding locations can realise their own smile makeover via the leading-edge dental procedures available at Bayside Dental & Orthodontics.
How does a smile makeover compare to a full-mouth reconstruction (FMR)?
A smile makeover is effective when all you need are a few cosmetic changes, but there are instances when we may recommend an FMR instead, like when there are underlying dental problems. As such, our team at Bayside Dental & Orthodontics wanted to dive into a bit about how we do a full mouth reconstruction.
A full mouth reconstruction is also a cosmetic treatment, but it involves more of restorative dentistry. FMR comprises multiple procedures that are used in combination to improve your oral health. The need for FMR may result from:
- Injured or fractured teeth
- Teeth lost due to trauma or decay
- Periodontal disease
- Temporomandibular dysfunction (TMJ)
- Severely worn teeth due to bruxism or long-term acid erosion (due to reflux and acidic foods and beverages)
- Unending problems pertaining to the jaw that require adjustments to your misaligned bite or occlusion
So where FMR involves elaborate dental procedures, a smile makeover mainly focuses on cosmetic dentistry. We will determine which of the two treatments is best for you, and only recommend a smile makeover when we determine that your misaligned, missing, chipped, stained or discoloured teeth are the only reasons for your unpleasant smile. However, if we detect serious risks to your overall dental health, we will recommend a full mouth reconstruction instead.
Benefits of a smile makeover
A bright and beautiful smile is one of the biggest contributors to making a powerful first impression. A smile makeover will increase your self-esteem and boost your confidence, resulting in dramatic effects in your work and social life.
When you get your smile to look the best it can be, you can be sure that people will notice it. A bright smile will make you more approachable and more likable, making it easier to put across your message.
Our smile makeover process may include a number of cosmetic dental procedures, such as:
- Dental implants – an artificial dental root to support new restorations where you have lost teeth
- Invisalign – a clear, custom fabricated device designed to strengthen your teeth
- Porcelain veneers – a very thin sheet of porcelain material that is bonded to your tooth enamel to conceal any dental problems and improve the tooth’s appearance
- Dental bridges – a fixed dental restoration for missing teeth whereby the artificial tooth is fixed to adjacent teeth for support
Your smile makeover may require other procedures besides these four common dental treatments, such as laser gum contouring, teeth whitening, composite bonding, and dentures.